Get the news that is important to you from Palm Beach TV. January 8, 2021 edition.
First vaccinations given on the Island but there may be a supply issue in the future, shakeup in the Palm Beach political scene, keeping your balance as you age and more.
Fill out you File of Life forms here.
To subscribe to Palm Beach TV and receive it in your inbox, click here.
- 355 confirmed cases in the Town of Palm Beach: 12 deaths.
- 95,965 confirmed cases in Palm Beach County: 1,962 deaths.
- 1,525,063 confirmed cases in the State of Florida: 22,817 deaths.
- 21,503,004 confirmed cases in the US: 364,218 deaths.
- 87,792,629 confirmed cases worldwide: 1,893,420 deaths.
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
To get the most up to date information sign up for the Town Alerts here.
Directions on how to sign up for Town email and/or text alerts can be found here.
Questions about the Town’s vaccination program or alert system should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Town of Palm Beach will be administering approximately 200 COVID-19 vaccinations on Monday, January 11 at the South Fire Station located at 2185 South Ocean Blvd in Palm Beach. These vaccinations will be by appointment only.
• This alert is to advise residents in advance that the registration site to make appointments will be available to the public sometime Friday morning, January 8. A second alert will be sent Friday morning to provide the time when registrations will be accepted and the online link to complete the registration. A link to the registration site will also be available on the Town’s home webpage under “Spotlight.”
• Like the first round of appointments, scheduling will be completed on a first-come, first-serve basis for eligible Town residents and must be made on-line. No walk-in appointments are available, so please do not come to a vaccination site without an appointment.
• Please note that a separate appointment is required for all individuals, regardless if they live in the same household. Please be prepared to provide a valid email, phone number, and confirm that you are a resident of the Town of Palm Beach and 65 years of age or older.
• Proof of residency will be verified through a government-issued ID with a town address or an official piece of mail with a Town address and a picture ID with a matching name.
• Please understand, the Town only has enough vaccine for approximately 200 appointments. Unfortunately, Palm Beach County received a very limited supply of vaccines from the State this week and thus has been unable to provide additional vaccines to the Town at this time.
• Our goal is to vaccinate as many people as fast as we can, but there is a supply issue. We know the urgent demand for vaccines for our residents and we continue to submit requests to the County for future vaccinations. We will continue to do so until every resident who seeks a vaccine gets one.
• The first two days of Covid-19 vaccinations have gone extremely well and we expect to administer nearly 800 doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine by the end of the day on January 8. All residents who received a vaccine this week are guaranteed the second dose and will receive instructions about scheduling their second appointment.
• Click on the links below to visit the Vaccination Program webpage, download the FAQs, and subscribe to receive alerts from the Town if you are not already registered.