NEW CURFEW HOURS EFFECTIVE JULY 2
• Due to the record increases in Coronavirus cases, particularly among young people, and the lack of available hospital beds, the Town is forced to take a pro-active response to curtail the spread of COVID-19 by instituting curfew hours from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM, effective Thursday, July 2 until further notice.
BEACHES CLOSED FROM JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5
• As ordered by Palm Beach County, all beaches will be closed from Friday, July 3 through Sunday, July 5.
• Phipps South Ocean Park as well as the green spaces adjacent to Mid-Town Beach will be closed on these dates as well.
LIVE COMMUNITY UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 1
• Council President, Maggie Zeidman, and Infectious Disease Specialist, Dr. David Dodson, will join Town Manager Kirk Blouin on Wednesday, July 1 at 3:00 PM to give an update on the Coronavirus situation and provide insight on a range of related topics about the virus. Questions for Dr. Dodson or the Town can be sent prior to the briefing to email@example.com.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ORDER 2020-12: MANDATORY FACIAL COVERINGS
• Facial coverings are REQUIRED to be worn by all persons within the county (including the Town of Palm Beach) while obtaining any good or service or otherwise visiting or working in any businesses or establishment, including entering, exiting and otherwise moving around the establishment. This includes, but is not limited to, restaurants, retail establishments, hotels, grocery stores, gyms, pharmacies, indoor recreational facilities, houses of worship, and vehicles for hire.
• Facial coverings must also be worn by all persons in public places where social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. This includes outdoor areas and common areas shared by multiple individuals.
• Facial coverings are required at all times by all persons accessing governmental buildings, including Town Hall, fire stations, police station, the Public Works building, recreational facilities, and other Town owned buildings.
• The fine for an individual who does not follow the mandate is $25 for the first offense, $50 for the second offense and $100 for any subsequent offense. For businesses, the fines are $250, $350 and $500, accordingly.
• Lake Trail temporary rules remain in effect. From 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM daily, only walkers and runners are permitted. Cyclists and all other permitted uses can take place outside of these times.
• All public parks within the Town are open, but CDC social distancing guidelines must be followed, per Palm Beach County Order No. 7. The Seaview Park playground remains closed until further notice.
• The Town’s public golf course and tennis facilities are open but usage must comply with restrictions outlined in Palm Beach County Order No. 2020-11.
• Please be advised that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have issued a travel advisory that requires people arriving from states with high coronavirus rates, including Florida, to quarantine for 14 days.
• Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline is 866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
• Questions for the Town can be emailed to email@example.com. A Town Hotline is also available for questions 561-227-7070.